In the middle of our very busy week, there are times that we just want to sit back and relax. However, finding your inner peace can be a challenge when so many things are running through your mind. If you want to experience that goosebump-feeling on your scalp or ASMR, then you can start listening to relaxing voices and sounds. This is the reason why ASMR videos and audios are becoming more and more popular. These shows might relax you and help you sleep.
What Is ASMR?
ASMR means ‘Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.’ The main purpose of ASMR is to relax people. ASMR is continuously growing and they provide videos and audios that can give viewers and listeners that relaxing tingle at the back of their head or spine. The ASMR videos can usually involve at least one of the following:
- Gentle whispering
- Smacking of the lips
- Brushing sounds
- Relaxing hand movements
- Nail tapping or scratching on hard surfaces
TOP ASMR Podcasts Of 2018
ASMR University Podcast. This ASMR starts where Dr. Craig “Prof” narrates the history of ASMR. His talk then progresses further back in time through Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers, through the Roman times, and even back to the caveman and proto-humans.
- Sleep Whispers. This ASMR is simple ramblings and readings that can help you sleep. This is what everybody’s looking for. This is hosted by Harris and he already has 132 episodes on iTunes feed. You can start with Trivia episode and it is like a pub quiz that can help put you to sleep. He also has other episodes called ‘whisperedias’ where he is reading Wikipedia page, story readings, and also chats.
- Serenecast. The host here is called ‘Queen of Serene’ and she also has a very popular channel on YouTube. One of her episodes features you in the role of a person who is receiving a telemarketing call where the telemarketer has a very soothing voice. She also has other ASMR staples that feature oils, candles and also lucid dreaming.
- Vizzion ASMR. These are podcast guys who are also active on YouTube. You can start with an episode called ‘Psycho Doctor Role Play.’ If you like a thrilling storyline, this is the best choice for you. This starts with a normal role play where the doctor is checking up on you. He will then leave the room and these two will come in and start torturing. This is really creepy, imaginative, yet funny at the same time.
- The ASMR Podcast. This podcast features people like Sherlock ASMR, Sweet Whispers ASMR, Ariel ASMR, and more! One of the podcasts that you should try is ‘Sherlock Holmes’ where the voice has a Scottish accent and it really sounds nice. These episodes are 10 minutes long, a great choice if you want to get drowsy before bedtime.
Still having trouble relaxing and making yourself fall asleep? Check out these podcasts and for sure, you will find these helpful by the end of your busy day. Do not let your day take over. Relax your body and mind with these amazing podcasts.