Combined omega 3-6-9 supplement contains all three fatty acids namely omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 in the right balance. Since, intake of fatty acids require giving heed to the right proportions, omega 3-6-9 serves a number of health benefits. In omega 3-6-9 supplements, omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids are present in the ratio 2:1:1, which is recommended to be the suitable amount for serving various health benefits.
Omega 3 6 9 benefits:
One may ask why one should focus on omega 3-6-9 when these three different omega acids can be consumed separately. The reason for this is again comes with proportions. Modern habit of taking food items now have led people in taking too much of omega 6s and omega 9s are produced by the body. So, there is no need to supplement with these fats. Therefore, it is good to focus on getting a good balance of omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9.
Choosing the right supplement:
One should take care of the following points before choosing an omega 3-6-9 supplement.
- Polyunsaturated acids on exposure to heat and light get oxidized. Hence, one should always consider buying an omega 3-6-9 supplement, which is cold pressed. This involves extracting the oil in limited heat, minimizing the oxidation that can cause fatty acid molecules to damage.
- It is always advisable to select the supplement, which contains the highest omega 3 content.
- Check for purity: Look for products that have been molecularly filtered that ensures removal of any toxic materials.
How beneficial it is?
Studies have shown that omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids are proved to be beneficial in treating various health conditions. Some of them are as follows-
- Treats health related problems
- Helps with mood disorders
- Treats skin related issues
- Omega 3 lowers blood cholesterol
- Helps in building muscle and recovering injury for an athlete
- Improves brain function
- Treats depression
These are just a few omega 3 6 9 benefits, still there are many. It becomes important to know about healthy fatty acids, especially in times where lifestyle diseases are on a rise and people need to be more health conscious. A balanced diet, which consists of a perfect proportion of dietary fats, is a rarity in the modern lifestyle. Intake of omega fatty acids can have serious consequences on your health. So, it is time to have the right ratio of these fatty acids to have a healthy lifestyle.